Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ready to hit the road again

Well, our vacation is almost over. Tonight is our last night at home so we are trying to get things rounded up. J went in and picked up the truck today and brought it back to the house so we can get it packed again. We had put it in the shop to TRY to get the A/C situation resolved. He said that it worked all the way home so we will find out tomorrow when we head out if it is actually fixed.

My Dad came to visit and we had a great time. Didn't really do anything but hang out at the house, but it was great. I don't get to see him much and it has been almost a year since I saw him last, so it meant a lot to me that he was able to drive up here and see J and I. If you read this Dad, I LOVE YOU and thank you for making the time to come see me. I miss you and it meant a lot to me. Next time I will come see you. :)

This morning I got up and took Smokey down to the vet and got him his first set of shots. The vet looked at his teeth and said he was about 11 weeks old. He also seemed to think he was probably a mix of Jack Russell Terrier and a Pit Bull. I talked to my Mom today and we worked something out as far as a place for Smokey to stay while we are gone. My mom is headed to Lubbock tomorrow (Monday) for a job interview on Tuesday. She is going to stay with a friend of hers there and if she gets the job, they will become roommates. Her friend Darlene has a dog and said that she would keep Smokey until either we could come and get him in a few weeks or until my mom gets the job and moves down there. In that case Mom will actually be watching over Smokey since she will be living there. Depending on what happens with Prime, I am hoping we can pick him back up in a month or less. But I am really happy that we got that situated and I will know that he is in good hands. He is a really sweet dog and a really loving dog. I think maybe it was a sign that he showed up when he did. Who knows....

Speaking of Prime, we should get a call back from them tomorrow. The recruiter called us back on Friday and we couldn't get to the phone but we called her back. Now we are just playing phone tag. Hopefully we will hear good news and then have a better timeline of how things are going to play out.

More from the road tomorrow....

No comments: