Monday, March 10, 2008

Trials and Tribulations

Ya know, if it wan't for bad luck.....

Pick up the truck on Sunday morning. They say it is fixed. Get a load heading to New Castle,CO, after sitting at the OC until around noon waiting for a load, so we head out. About 15 miles from the OC it is yeat again apparent that the A/C is NOT WORKING!!!! AARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! What's a girl to do? Call and bitch, which I did. For all the good it did since no one of importance was there on a Sunday. Didn't have time to call back today because that is a whole other story.

So yesterday we head out of California and J gets me to mile marker 86 on I-70 in Utah. I didn't sleep for shit because of the mountains. Steeps suckers. So we get there to the rest area at MM 86 and take a nape for about 2 hours. I had to get up and be gone at 0300 because we had an 0800 appointment that I had to make over in Colorado. Made it with about 15 minutes to spare and that was after having to park the truck on the side of the road and walk to several businesses to see which one it was. Believe me, they were not places I wanted to pull in only to find out it was the wrong place because they were TINY. But after about a 1/4 mile brisk morning walk, I found my destination. There was already a truck getting unloaded (only 1 dock being used) and they got to me about 0830. I was done around 0930 and had my Mac saying I was available at 1030 local time because it said it would take 2.5 hours. So I decided to find a place to park until then. And I thought they may just see that I had departed the customer and go ahead and give me the next load. I found a rest area a few miles up the road and pulled in, put the Qualcomm in the bunk so I could hear it if it beeped, and I crashed. At 1400 J wakes up and we still don't have a load. So we turn around and go back into Glenwood Springs where I saw a place we could park the truck and grab something to eat. We sent Thom a message asking about a load and by the time we got back from eating, about 45 minutes, we had this load.

So we head out to Golden,CO to pick up a load from Coors. We make it to mile marker 241 on I-70 and the spring that holds the air lines up on the trailer broke. They were dragging on the ground and it work through the casing and we started losing air pressure. So now we are sitting on the side of the road, where we have been for an hour and forty-five minutes and we are waiting on whoever SEM sent out to show up so they can repair the air lines.

So you see, I swear if it wasn't for bad luck, I swear we wouldn't have any luck at all!

4 comments:

Tom said...

You and J are amazing, T-Net! You've got a cheering section out here ...

janet Bell said...

Sorry you guys are having such a hard time out there. I have been praying for you guys and hope you stay safe out there....

Lour & Grey said...

Eek, sounds like a heckuva past few days. Tom is right, you've definitely got a cheering section out here!

The airlines incident freaked me out though - whew! Glad you guys caught it in time.

Stay safe!

John said...

Seems like some days are just one thing after another. Keep safe.