Monday, March 24, 2008

Yet another cluster....

Yesterday morning I got up at 0530 so I could see my dad and Smokey off. Dad is taking Smokey to Lubbock where a friend of my Mom's is going to watch him until we can take him on the road with us. So I got up early, started getting things ready so we could head out. J got up around 0800 and we got busy. About 1100 we left the house and ran to Walmart to pick up a few things. Then we went to Stephanie's to drop Bandit off. Then we put ourselves available at 1150 and headed to the OC to fill up before they assigned us a load.



When we got to the OC, I got a call from Brian and Gayle (a Schneider team) and they were asking where we were. I told them we were in the fuel aisle. They were inside getting something to eat at the OC. So we filled up and headed inside. Both of us were showing available at noon and neither one of us had a load. So we sat there most of the day. We even sent a message at 1430 making sure we were showing available and they said we were. About 2200 Brian and Gayle got a load but they could pick up any time today so they stayed at the OC. Now it is 1330 on Monday, and we are STILL sitting at the Dallas OC and don't have a load. Our DBR sent a message stating that we were showing avail at 1200 today and they were starting to look for us a load. WTF? We called in and said, NO, we were available at noon YESTERDAY not today. Check the computer where we put ourselves available and then even called to make sure we were showing available. What a freaking mess. Then she said they couldn't give us layover pay because there was no record of us calling support shift. Now I'm starting to get hot. Luckily as I am calling in again, she sends a message that she sees the messages we sent. Good thing. She said someone must have had a brain fart. She thinks that maybe the support shift trip planner couldn't find us a load so he just pushed us out until noon today thinking we would get a better chance of a load. Well, did it ever occur to them to call us and let us know that they pushed us out? We are 45 minutes from our own bed. We could have gone home last night. ARGH!!! Finally get that straightened out and we are getting lay over pay now. But we are still sitting here with now load. This is more than a little frustrating.



Today we also talked to our recruiter at Prime. She said that everything looks good and that they are forwarding the applications to their Safety department. They have already checked with employers and did the background. So we are getting close to finishing the process with them. Maybe this fiasco is a sign that we need to switch companies. And combined with the puppy that showed up at our door...or in our house should I say....yeah, I think it is a sign.....

4 comments:

John said...

Do you guys mind if i put your site on my blog list

orangetrucker said...

Joe and Tracy,

I left a message on PD.com, I'm sorry to see you leave Schneider. I know you will do well at Prime. I'm leaving tomorrow to meet with Glenn Arnold in Fontana, I'll be there until Thursday. We`are supposed to get our truck before the end of the week.

Best of Luck to you both,

Mark

Dr. Zebra said...

Welcome to the dark (and cold!) side! Muahahahahaha!!

Seriously, make sure you keep updating this with your Prime experiences. You blog better than my lazy ass does, that's for sure. ;)

T-Net said...

John, you are more than welcome to add this to your blog list.

Mark, you and your team partner will do good. You have a strong work ethic and your family motivates you. I know you will excel in this business and we will still be around. Like I said in another post, just in a different color truck!

Rodger, yeah, the dark side kept calling and we couldn't resist. LOL We may be starting this coming Monday the 30th instead of the week after, but I will update on primedriver.net to let you guys know. We would love to see some of you guys if you get a run through Springfield while we are there.

I will update this tomorrow. I am too tired to do it now!