Saturday, August 2, 2008

Clinton,SC

Yesterday I got us to Clifton,NJ to pick up our top secret load of toothpaste (yes, it was high-value and it was toothpaste) and now I am in Clinton,SC. I actually dropped the toothpaste off about 30 miles away from where I am now. After I got unloaded, which took an amazing 20 minutes, (I was truly impressed) I headed to a Pilot about 19 miles away to grab a shower and wait on our next load. The way our FM was talking yesterday I wasn't sure how soon we would get our next load. Hold on, let me back up a little and explain that. Yesterday morning I dropped in South Jersey. From there we headed north to Clifton,NJ with info that we were to pick up a load headed to Fresno,CA. When we were about 2 miles from our pick-up they sent us a message saying that load was cancelled and to go to shipper we are just going to a different destination. Come to find out when I got there, there were a total of 4 Prime trucks. One of the trucks said they were going to Fresno, but they got the load that morning. So I don't know if there was a mix up and they double dispatched that load, or if there were two loads going there and they just took one away from us to give to another team or what. OK, that being said, when our FM gave us the new load going to SC, a whopping 754 miles, he said he was working on getting us something for today since we would deliver on the weekend and freight is scarce on the weekends. SO, that is why he wasn't sure how long we would have to wait today for a load. OK, back to today. So, I head to the Pilot to get a shower and we get our next load. It is 1130 local time and our next load has a 1500 appointment 25 miles away. Sweet. So I grab a shower, eat some lunch, do some paperwork, head out and get to this shipper a whopping 5 minutes early. Right on time I would say. So now we are sitting here getting loaded and it is 1515 hrs. That means my shift is over and it is J's turn to drive. From here we are headed to Bentonville,AR to the Walmart DC. I don't particularly like dealing with Walmarts, BUT, this load is only 9288 lbs. Should get outstanding gas mileage. We deliver this tomorrow afternoon, anytime, and then I am hoping we can get another short run that we can deliver before payroll cutoff on Tuesday. Then I am hoping they will get us to the east, or preferably, west coast so we can get back in the groove of coast to coast runs. It always throws us off coming out of the house since we live in Dallas,Tx.

Got that stuff out of the way so now to Day 4 of the diet. Had an apple granola bar for breakfast. An apple for snack about 2 hours later. Lunch was pasta with brocolli & parmesean and a salad. Snack was blueberries (fresh) grapes and milk and again I am not sure what I am going to eat for dinner. I find that I am still hungry at points during they day because eating every few hours gets your metabolism going and that is what it is supposed to do. But if I am driving and can't stop, my metabolism is going crazy and I can't feed it anything so I get really hungry. Better planning on my part is what I need to do. Make sure I get enough food out. Also, Iam finding that it is sometimes hard to eat ALL that they say. Like for dinner. Have an entree, a salad, veggies or fruit and a fat serving (dressing for the salad). But that is a lot of food and I find that I don't eat the veggies. It is easier to eat the entree and the salad. I wonder if that is good or bad? I mean, I'm not over eating. I am eating less than what they say to eat. Besides, I figure I am bound to lose weight just from eating the food they are sending, even if I don't eat it all, because I am cutting out ALL fried food and sodas (except we can have diet) and pretty much everything breaded. Being from the south, these are STAPLE foods to me people!! But I am proud of us and I think we are doing really well. Four days down and not one single slip. Well, J did say he had one extra handful of peanuts, but I think I can let him slide on that. After all, he actually threw away his Skittles stash, and I threw away two Snickers bars out of the fridge. And when we were at home, we took ALL of our food out and gave it to our friend Michelle so we can't be tempted!!

I guess that is all for now. OH! I have a really close friend that had a co-worker pass away this week. I don't have any details but I know she was only 22. If you pray, send some prayers to them and their families. Thx! :)

No comments: