Monday, August 11, 2008

Gordonsville,VA

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days but it has been a nice lazy trip across the country this time. We picked up there in Salinas after finally getting loaded and hitting the road around 2200. J drove us to Barstow and I took over around 0500 in the morning. I got to see one of the most beautiful sunrises I have seen so far. I was trying to find a place to pull over and get a picture, but of course by the time that I found a place, it was already too high to get a good picture. Anyway, we were able to take our time with this load. We picked up Thursday and had until Monday to get to Gordonsville which is only 2700 miles. Piece of cake. J drove some Thursday night and that meant we only had to do about 400 miles each per day and still have extra time so it was nice not to be rushed. Ended up getting 7.25 mpg for our cross country trek. I am happy about that!

Yesterday afternoon I stopped in Baileyton,TN. From there we only had 321 miles to go but we can't arrive at Walmart no more than an hour early. There is a truck stop right here at the exit for Walmart in Gordonsville,VA, but if J had started driving he would have gotten here around 2200 and we figured this little truck stop would be packed. So we stopped there and J took off around 2100. He was still ahead of schedule so he stopped at a rest area, where he had to make his own parking space, and then drove the rest of the way after about a 2 hour break. Got in and got unloaded with no problems and now I am at the little truck stop at that exit waiting on our next load. There are about 5 other Prime trucks here so I don't know how long we will be waiting.

Now to tell you what I saw yesterday afternoon when I parked at that TA in Baileyton,TN. I had just got parked and got Smokey out to take a walk. As we were walking I saw a Prime truck in the Maintenance bay and figured he was getting a PM or something done. So Smokey and I walk around a few and I turn around and see that the Prime truck has his back door open. I look it and there were boxes of cantelopes EVERYWHERE with the product all out of the boxes. OH NO!! I walk over and tell him I drive for Prime too and ask what happened. He said he had THREE load bars in there. In so good that you could stand on them, and they all three had come down. He said he talked to his dispatcher and they said try to fix it and box it back up if you can and if not, go on to the receiver and see what they can salvage. He is delivering to a Walmart DC also, just not the one we were going to. He was just staring at the load in disbelief and said it was just too much for one person to try to fix. I mean it was a mess! I offered to help him try to box it up but he elected to go on to the receiver and see what they could do. I felt bad for him. I asked what route he took and he said he came across I-40 and I told him it was probably those sucky ass roads in Oklahoma or the terrible bridges in Arkansas that jolted them loose. After I walked off I made sure to check my load again since I came across the same roads. But I knew they were fine because I check it everytime I stop, unless it came loose during the last few hours. Luckily our load was fine.

Now NutriSystem news! I think I mentioned before that I didn't get to weigh before we started. I know what I weighed when I did my medical at Prime the first of April though. And I probably gained a few more since then since I love to eat and tend to pig out sometimes. When we stopped at the TA in Barstow,CA on our way out here, they have a scale in the womens bathroom that you put a quarter in and you get your weight and lucky lotto numbers. I got on the scale and guess what??? I am down 8 lbs! WOOOHOOO!!! That makes me super happy. That would explain why I can't keep my pants up. LOL!! So now I am even more motivated to keep this up. The last few days I have gotten the little stair climber out that we have and have been doing that before my shift and at the end of the shift. Momma is on a roll so watch out! I am going to be looking DAMN good before too long!! LOL!!!!!

No comments: