Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wyoming!

Currently we are cruising across Wyoming on our way to McCarran,NV which is just outside of Reno. We really haven't had much going on lately to post about. Although I did see the coolest freaking car today and I was going to get a picture of it at a rest area and post it on here, but he took off before I could get over to him with the camera. Maybe I will see him again somewhere.

Ok, so I left off in Clinton,SC. From there we took that load up to Bentonville,AR to the Walmart. Dropped that there and got our next load but it didn't pick up till the next morning which was Monday morning. So we tried getting ahold of a friend of ours but he was out of town working. His wife was at home though so we met her for dinner there. After dinner we headed down I-540 to a little truck stop where we spent the night. I got up the next morning (Monday) and drove the last 50 miles to our pick up there in Fort Smith,AR. It was a live load at 0700 and by the time we got loaded, scaled, moved our tandems, scaled again and I ate breakfast, it was around 0945 or so. I headed out and made it across OK and up I-35 almost to the KS border and that is where J took over. I stayed up and he drove on up to Salina,KS where we stopped at the Bossleman's Pilot and got a shower and ate dinner. We at at the restaurant, which is awesome, but we are on our diet and we did really well. Both got steaks, a salad and veggies. No baked potatoes for us, but I was craving a steak, so we can eat out, we just have to watch what we eat. The restaurant there is Grandma Max's and they make delicious steaks. Great seasonings and cooked right. And good cuts of meat, not steaks with all that grissel in them. Good quality steaks.

Anyway, J drove some more and stopped for the night at aroudm mm 73 on I-70 in KS. He has a disc out in his back and it is really hurting him so he was done for the day. I got up at 0600 and headed out from there and made it through Denver, up to Cheyenne and stopped at the rest area just east of Elk City,WY. Only about 830 more miles to go and we have an appt tomorrow at 1415 in McCarran,NV so we should make that with no problems.

As far as the Nutri System is going, I think we are doing really well. Unfortunately, we weren't able to weigh before we left and I can't find a damn scale out here on the road, but I know we are doing good. We are really sticking with it and trying to get in excercise and walking when we can. It isn't a lot, but we do what time allows. And just eating healthier is bound to make a difference.

I talked to a friend of mine last night and we are going to try to hook up before we go on the cruise so her husband can get me open water certified to scuba dive while we are in Cozumel on the cruise. Hopefully we can hook that up in September at Blue Hole in Santa Rosa,NM. A crash certification will take about 2.5 days so we are going to try to do that before the cruise. Maybe around the 12-14th of September. We have Justin's Graduation from boot camp Aug 22-24th then the cruise Oct 3-8th and then J is going hunting Nov 15 for a week so we have something each month that we are doing. Luckily graduation and dive certification are only 3 days each, so we aren't losing much money. Maybe 1 run each week. The long one will be the cruise and J is just going to take it off and spend it with his daughter. Then the hunting one will be long but I an thinking about running solo that week but having my Dad go with me. It would be great to have him go with me. I don't get to see him that much and I like spending time with him so this will give us a chance to do that. We went on a road trip about 5 years ago and it was a lot of fun so I really want him to go with me so we can see the country together for a week or so. I am excited and I hope he can work things out on his end so he can go with me. It would mean alot to me. And to him to I think also.

So that is what is going on here. I really hope we get a chance to do laundry after we drop this in McCarran. We am running out of clothes and no one wants to see us driving down the road nekked! :)

No comments: