Monday, December 1, 2008

Clinton,MA

Last night after we made it to the Produce Market I headed to bed to get a little sleep. J stayed up until they came in and unloaded us and then he woke me up so I could help him get out of there. Luckily we made it out of there with no problems, thanks to taking the wrong turn last time we were there so we knew exactly where to go this time!

Now our problem was goig to be finding a place to park at 0100 in the morning in the Boston area. Figuring it would be near impossible, we headed back to I-90 to try the first Service Plaza we came to in Natick. Neither of us could believe it when we pulled in and there were only 2 trucks parked there. Thanking the good Lord for our good fortune, we parked and headed in to go to the restroom and hopefully get something to eat. We lucked out and McDonalds was still open so we grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed to the truck for some well deserved rest after traversing the tiny roads of Chelsea.

We decided we could sleep in since we didn't have to pick up our next load until sometime between 1300-1600 so off to bed we went. We must have been worn out because I woke up at 1145! Dang I was tired but I had to get J up so we could get ready and get to our pick up on time. After a quick restroom stop inside the Service Plaza and a quick bite of lunch we were off.

We found our pickup fairly easily but DANG, another tiny little town that wasn't built for semi trucks. We were able to get right in to get loaded and ended up with only 6110 lbs! That is my kind of load! Gonna get great fuel mileage on this one. Unfortunately it is a high value load and I can't tell you where I am going but we should be there tomorrow when I post again and I will let you know how everything went.

So that is all for now. :)

No comments: