Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Lubbock,TX

I have a horrible head cold so I will just hit on the hightlights of the past few days. We left California and got a load that delivered at 0100 on Thursday morning so that worked perfect for us. We delivered the load and hit a truck stop for a few hours to get some sleep Then we dropped off the trailer and were officially on vacation. We did some running around and then headed over to Michelle's house where we usually stay when we are in town.

J cooked us a great dinner Thursday night and we went to bed pretty early. We had planned on spending Friday with the kids but Justin's flight got cancelled. It worked out ok though because Michelle was having her birthday party at her house Friday night and we got to go to it since we weren't getting to see the kids.

Justin and his girlfriend decided to drive in instead of waiting on the later flight on Sunday so they got in around midnight on Saturday night. This also worked out because we had already made plans to go out with some of our other friends that night. The only thing that sucked was that we only had the truck with us since we took the car to my mom in Lubbock, so they had to come pick us up. Actually one of their friends was driving and picked them up then came and picked us up. So at the end of the night, we just spent the night with them then had them bring us back to Michelle's the next morning since they were heading that direction anyway for their early Christmas with his family.

After we got back to Michelle's on Sunday, we got rounded up and got things packed and headed down to see the kids. We did a bit of last minute shopping on the way. We met them for dinner at Babe's Chicken then went bowling after that with them. We got to meet Jessica's boyfriend which was a BIG deal because she hasn't really dated a lot, and the few others that she has dated were not deemed important enough to meet Dad but she wanted us to meet this one. We had a really nice time and her boyfriend is a nie young man. Of course Justin and his girlfriend Nicole were there but we had already met her last time we were in Chicago. We finished bowling around midnight and after saying our goodbyes, we headed to find a place to spend the night. We were just going to stay in the truck but the only 2 truck stops were full so we turned around and went back up to a Motel 6 and got a room. We got to bed around 0100 and then got up at 0800 to get ready to head to Lubbock.

This would be on Monday morning that we headed to Lubbock and I woke up with the absolute worst head cold. I drove us to Sweetwater,TX but I had to have J drive the rest of the way. I just felt miserable. Once we got in I took a nap and J went over to my dad's to look at the fence that we were going to help him with. This morning J got up and went back over there and helped dad actually get part of the fence pulled down and got some of the posts in the ground. Tomorrow he is going back over there to help him finish. I didn't go today but I am hoping I can go for a few hours tomorrow. I want to see him, but I didn't want to be outside in the cold today since I was sick.

So that is what we are doing. J is taking a nap at the moment but is going to get up around 1900 and him and my brother and some of his friends are going to go hog hunting. Actually it is just an excuse to get away from the women folk and drink whiskey and tell lies. I am on to their plan, but I don't care. I know after being in the truck with me 24/7 that he deserves a night out with the guys. Mom is cooking some soup and we will have that for dinner and then I am going to bed. I really hope that I can get to feeling better before Christmas day when my brother and his family are coming over. I don't want to get his girls sick and ruin their Christmas break.

Our plans are to head back out on Friday but that is going to depend on the mail. J went in and upgraded his phone because his display wasn't working on his current phone. He upgraded to the BlackBerry Storm but they didn't have any at all in any of the Dallas area stores and they had to mail one to him here at my Mom's address. They are saying it will either be in on Wednesday or Friday so we will have to wait for it to come in. I hope it comes in on Wednesday so we can hit the road again on Friday, but I also hope it gets here on Friday so that I will have an extra day to get to feeling better. So when we leave kinda depends on the mail.

That is all for now. Dinner is almost ready and then I am headed to bed.

1 comment:

Mitzann said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New year. I am a firefighter for a living and drive local on my off days. LOve to follow your travels because I hope to run over the road when I retire in about 3 years. Thanks again.