Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Day After Christmas! - Lubbock,TX

Other than having a horrible head cold, this has been a great Christmas. We got into Lubbock on Monday and I think I blogged about that. Tuesday my mom and I finished up some shopping while J helped my dad do some work on his fence. Wednesday J and I went back over to my dad's to help him finish the fence. Basically I supervised since I still wasn't feeling good. :) Then we headed back to my mom's house and we started on the baking for the Christmas dinner.

Wednesday evening was spent making the dressing and an apple pie. Diane, if you read this, that sour cream apple pie was DELICIOUS! I have to admit I was a little leary of trying it because of the sour cream. When I first glanced at the recipe I thought it said cream cheese. You know how you get your mind on a certain train of thought. Anyway, when I wrote the recipe out to go shopping that is when I noticed it was sour cream. I thought, what the heck, I will try it. And boy am I glad I did. It was a hit!

We went to bed tired that night and got up the next morning to finish making the spread. My brother and his wife and their two girls were all coming over in the afternoon for a late Christmas lunch. We had a great dinner and then all of us went to the movies to go see Bedtime Stories. It was ok. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan, but it was pretty good considering. There were some really funny parts. I took some pictures and I will post them in the next post.

We were going to head out today but we decided to push it out until tomorrow morning. I really need another day to recouperate. I could use two more days, but if we want to get in a load before payroll cutoff then we need to head out tomorrow. We already have a load and know where we are going, which is up to Pennsylvania with a final drop on Tuesday morning at 0700. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates with us.

Today we went back over to my dad's for a while after my mom went to work to build a box to hold the Qualcomm then we went out to eat and headed back to mom's to finish packing up so we will be ready to head out in the morning. That is all for now. I'm going to post those Christmas Pictures now!

2 comments:

PrimeTime said...

I NEED one of those boxes, Tracy...tell J to email me the plans for what he did and maybe some pics. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Tracy - So glad you took a chance on the pie and it was a hit. All I know now is, that Craig will want me to bake one every time we go home. Happy Holidays!