Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ahhh Home Sweet Home

I think I posted before that I love my bed. I just wanted to say it again. My bed rocks.

Well, we are back home after four weeks out. We got back Tuesday afternoon. I headed up to McKinney to get Bandit and J headed to the house. When he got to the house he found that we didn't have any electricity. While we were out this time I set up the electric bill to be automatically drafted out of our account. Well, they got it set up, but not until after the bill was due so they shut it off. When I called them, I had a ZERO balance, because they paid the bill in full, just late, but no one checked to see if they had shut it off. Needless to say I had to totally empty out the fridge and freezer and everything was lost. So Tuesday we went back towards town and got a motel for the night.

Wednesday we got up and went by Peterbilt and Kenworth to look at some trucks. Now we need to go by the Volvo dealership and look at them. We can finance through our company, a brand new truck, but we are looking at all our options. Do we finance through them on a lease/purchase option or do we buy direct from a dealer? Direct from a dealer we would need a sizable down payment and pay on it for 60-72 months and end up paying about $170,00 when all is said and done. Going through our company, we are stuck with them for three years, but the truck is paid off in 36 months and final price at payoff would be around $143,000. So we have to decide if we want to be stuck at the same place and them basically owning us, or do we want to have more freedom, but be stuck paying more for the truck over 5-6 years instead of 3 years. Way too much to think about at the moment!

Today is Thursday. We had to get up this morning and take Bandit to the vet to get spayed and get her shots. We will pick her up in the morning. Then we went and had to get a new pump for the septic. Then we found out that wasn't the problem and we returned it. Then I went and got my hair done. Then we went to Wal-Mart. Spent $486.00 there! Damn! But the kids are coming out this weekend AND I had to replace everything in the fridge and freezer so that is one reason it was so expensive. OH! We also bought a 4 inch memory foam mattress for the truck. That was not cheap. But I am guessing it will be well worth it!

Tomorrow, we plan on cleaning the truck and the suburban, then we are going to Justin's football game, then to the haunted house, then back here for the weekend. So I probably won't blog again until we are out on Monday. So everyone stay safe out there and have a good weekend!

No comments: