Friday, October 12, 2007

Sleeping in is awesome!

After J picked up our load in Amherst,VA last night, he drove down a little ways and called it a night. So I wake up, realize the truck is stopped, and wonder what is going on. I must have been exhausted because I never heard him pull over or stop the truck or get in bed. Dang! And it is about 0615 and light outside. Turmns out he had set the alarm for me to get up at 0630. There is no rush on the load, and we have until Monday at 1600 to deliver. Granted we will deliver on Saturday morning, and still get another run before payroll cutoff on Monday, but he decided to let me get some sleep since it was 2200 when I got to bed last night. He knew me getting up and driving at 0300 wasn't near enough sleep for me. So I got up and started driving after a really good nights sleep. Drove as far as a rest area between Knoxville and Nashville and now J is driving. It is about 700 miles or so from here so I will get there mid-morning tomorrow.

No comments: