Sunday, October 14, 2007

Called it a day early today.

J woke me up in Effingham,IL at 0300. I finally woke up around 0400 and got on the road around 0445 or so. I just couldn't ge my ass motivated. I get to the consignee in Plainfield,IN at about 0715. Drop the load, but I remain on property for another almost 2 hours going back and forth with second shift. They kept sending me messages on which trailer to pick up as an empty. I kept sending them back the ONE trailer that was available and empty at the location. Very frustrating. Finally I guess they realize that there may be a reason that I am only giving them one trailer number and they assign it to me. HALELUJAH! So, drive to my next pick up which is only something like 1.3 miles down the road. In the same commercial area. Get there and find out that what was supposed to be a live load with a wait time of 5 1/2 hours is actually a pre-loaded trailer! YES!!! So I drop the empty, hook up and book out of there. In and out in 30 minutes. I checked my paperwork and it said my weight was 40,040 so I figured I better scale it. I drove about 15 miles and hit a Pilot in Indy and hit the scale. Everything scaled good so I was off again. I make it abut 20 miles down the road and say the heck with it. I am tired, no rush on this load, and I'm hungry. So I pull into a Flying J, wake J up and make him go inside to the restaurant with me. He had been asleep about 6 hours so he wasn't too mad. Of course we ate, came back to the truck, and he went right back to sleep. A full belly does that to him. He says it hits his sleep button. Whatever. LOL. Also, I could only work 9.5 hours today and I only gain 6 back at midnight. So I decided to shut down until J starts driving. Shutting down early left me with 2.5 extra hours. Add that to the 6 I will get at midnight and that will be enough time for me to get us to Brooksville,FL after J drives and still have time to find a place to take our restart at. I think I am just worn out because this will be 10 days straight I think and it wears me out!

No comments: