Thursday, October 11, 2007

My apologies.....

to anyone that may have been driving east bound down I-40 around mile marker 246 early this morning. If you drove through my path of destruction, I sincerely hope you weren't traumatized. I know it wasn't a pretty sight. Unfortunately, Bambi was in a feisty mood this morning and wanted to play chicken. Bambi lost. Amazingly enough, there was absolutely no damage to the truck. A little blood and hair on the bumper but other than that, no damage at all. Not even a dent in the grill or bumper. I have NEVER in my life ran over anything. Thank goodness I didn't swerve, I did let up on the gas and I just kept it straight. I do think I closed my eyes at the moment of impact though. LOL!! But we were on a straightaway and not a curve. No way would I close my eyes on a curve! But it was just aweful feeling the thump and then the bump bump of running over Bambi. I think I may be traumatized. Maybe I need therapy? hahaha nah......

So other than that mishap this morning, here is what went on today. Got up and hit Bambi after driving only 6 miles. Made it to Statesville, dropped that load, picked up an empty. Then picked up a cigarette load. Brought that back to the OC and they will have someone else deliver it. It isn't due until Monday and if we take it, we can't relay it. That means that we would be stuck in LA until Monday afternoon after arriving there Saturday afternoon. Just too much time on it so they have another load for us. We are picking up in Virginia and heading to Roanoke,Tx. Probably pick the load up around midnight tonight. Right now we are still at Charlotte while J takes a nap. But I am going to wake him up now.

3 comments:

Pnina said...

Wow glad your ok!!!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with pnina...glad you are ok.

Question...do you have to report this to SNI and if so how do they treat it relative to your record and bonus eligibilty?

T-Net said...

We haven't reported it because there was absolutely no damage. I think because it was a really small one. However, if there had been damage, we would have definiteoy reported it. It would have been classified as a non-preventable accident so it would not have any impact on my bonus. Now if it was a preventable accident, where I rear-ended someone, or hit a trailer backing in to a dock, then that would impact my bonus because that stuff can be prevented. Bambi jumping in front is like an act of God or something, like floods. We have no control it. I guess I could report it, just doesn't seem necessary since there was no damage.