Sunday, October 21, 2007

A little behind.

Sorry! So now I have to play catch up. Ok, lets see. Well, got the laundry done in Laredo and after talking to several people, figured we wouldn't get a load out of there that night. Seems some had been there since the day before and still didn't have a load. So we headed to the truck and made some tuna melts and soup. As we were eating, we got a load. Figures! It was 2130 and I would have went to sleep WAY before had I thought we would get something. Well, that load was headed to Beech Island,SC. No problem. Decided to head out at dawn the next morning. So got up early on Friday and headed out. It was Joe's birthday and I was happy that load wasn't high value so we were able to stop at some BBQ place and have lunch. Got that dropped off in Beech Island Saturday around noon. That drop was at Kimberly Clark and we were able to pick up a load out of there heading to Romeoville,IL. I swear that is one of the funniest named towns. It just cracks me up. Got that dropped around noon today (Sunday) and they are sending us to Meridian,MS with a GP load. I sent a message earlier today and they said they would start looking for us a load back to Dallas since we have TAH starting on Wednesday and this is what they came up with. So I called and asked about it and they said we should get a load out of Mississippi to Dallas. I said "Should? Look, I'm not going to be happy if I am home late again after being out for four weeks." He responded by telling me they were overbooked in Mississippi so we shouldn't have any problems. Damn straight we better not!

Anyway, so this load we are taking to Meridian,MS isn't loaded yet. So we are sitting in the truck waiting for our chili to heat up to make a frito pie and then J is going to get some more sleep. He woke up when I entered the Chicago area this morning. Imagine that. Chicago roads SUCK!!! And they said the load wouldn't be ready until 1830. I guess that is good. J can get more sleep and the traffic should be lighter, even though it is Sunday, maybe everyone will be in church and not out on the road.

So that is all for now.

No comments: