Saturday, May 24, 2008

Blandon,PA

Well, I made it here! Finally! The load from hell is complete. Right now I am sitting outside of Redner's Warehouse in Blandon,PA waiting for 0300 to roll around when they start receiving. I was worried that we would get stuck up here in the East since it is a holiday weekend and most things come to a stand still and won't be back operational until Tuesday. But we lucked out and got a pre-planned load. Once we finish here we are heading about 50 miles away and picking up a load heading to Waco,TX. Once we drop that we will bobtail back to Dallas. I am guessing that we will get in to the house Sunday evening some time. Everything will be closed Monday so we will head back on on Tuesday. But we can check the house and grab the mail so this works for us.

I'm still not driving very fast. I think that close encounter the other night really did a number on me. Day driving is fine. It is just the night driving. I am going to give it a few more nights and see how I am doing. If I can't get over freaking out when another truck trys to pass me, then we may switch back and let J drive nights for a while. I know it is just a mental thing so it will just take a little time.

I have complained before about how sucky some roads are, especially the ones in Oklahoma around OKC, but I have found one that is WAY worse. I-78 here in PA absolutely SUCKS from about mile marker 15 to 29. We exited at 29 so I don't know how much further the road sucks, but sheesh, I was about thrown out of my seat and J about thrown out of his bunk. They really need to do something about it. I am curious to see what this load of produce in the back looks like. We have load locks to secure it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they collapsed! Nah, I am sure they are fine, but seriously, major disaster of a road.

Ok, it is almost 0300 so I am going to shut down and go inside and see if I can get a dock. More later....

1 comment:

Wolfeman said...

78 doesn't get any better all the way into NJ. Coming west out of NJ, it's a toll road.

65 south through KY is much worse than 78 though. If you ever go that way, make sure everything in the sleeper is tied down or things will visit you in the cab.

How is the APU working out?? Stuck here until at least Weds. Call if you get the chance.