Thursday, May 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, finally made it home after a trying day. Actually not work related so that was a good thing. Delivered this morning and then we dropped the trailer at Walmart. Headed up to Richardson to have lunch with some friends and introduce them to Smokey. I walked around to the passenger door to get him out and when I did, I laid my phone on the step of the truck. Then, after all was said and done, I drove off with it there. As soon as I realized I didn't have it, we turned around and went back. It wasn't there. Checked both restaurants that share a parking lot and they had not had anyone turn it in. Followed the same route back to the point I realized it was missing. Still no phone. Damn. Well, stupid me did not have insurance on it because in the 8 years that I have had an account with Verizon I have never lost or damaged a phone. Until now. My pink Blackberry Pearl, at a cost of $450 was missing. And so we had to go and get a new one. Shit that hurt having to fork that much over for it. What the hell, who needs to make a car payment this month, right? Guess what I did though? I got insurance on this one. :) And yeah, I think J wanted to kick my ass for losing it. But he is such a doll and just said that it happens and we will deal with it and just get a new one. I love this man. I think he is getting him some tonight. :) :) :) I have lots of making up to do on this one.

We are back at the house and I have a question for anyone that reads this and may have some input. We live in the country and have developed a mouse problem since we are gone all of the time. Anyone have a good way to get rid of them. We tried mouse traps last time but they are just too smart. Some people may thing that is nasty, but hey, it is a fact of life. You live out in the country, and you are going to deal with mice. When we had a regular 9-5 job it wasn't a problem because we were here every day. But with us being gone 3-4 weeks at a time, now we are having issues. I don't see them, but I see proof they have been here. You know what I mean. Little mice shit. Anyway, if anyone has ideas, I am all ears.

Tomorrow we have a friend coming to visit us that I met when we worked in Lubbock,Tx. It is going to be great to see her. We have only seen her once in about 4 years but she just moved back to Abilene,TX and that is just a few hours from here so she is gonna drive up. Thank God she grew up in the country and a mouse won't bother her. LOL!!

Saturday we have to go see the kids in the morning. Gonna take Jessica and Justin's girlfriend to get their nails done and out to lunch and then we will see them when they are all dressed up for Prom. We are taking the truck so we will just go to a movie or something when they leave for prom and then spend the night somewhere and be ready to go first thing Sunday morning.

Guess that is all for now. I'll update ya more later!

6 comments:

Heffard said...

If mouse traps aren't working (glue or the old style) then you might consider a cat.
If you have someone that could check on the cat every few days, then that cat should take care of the mice.

(If you can try the old fashions ones again, put peanut butter on them. PB is very fragrant and can't be removed by the mouse to be eaten.)

Anonymous said...

ever listen to Jerry Clower? If so, you know what a "Rat Killin' " is. Just organize one of them and your problem is solved. LOL

Tron said...

I will second heffards suggestion of the cat. We live in the country in South Texas and have two cats we keep outside for the express purpose of mice and rats.
We supply cat food for them but on a limited basis. Do not want to eliminate the incentive to hunt.

In addition you can try mice/rat bait.

For more informaiton on how baits work click on the links provided.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071220050102AApPJ0X

Found this web site from Yahoo Search query "How to kill mice"

http://www.epestsupply.com/mice.htm

Good Luck

Silvia said...

That sucks with the phone. Can happen to anyone, but with all that info on it, it would hurt me too. I feel so sorry for you.
My case, luck wood have it and after I put ins on a new one, the old one would turn up.:)

T-Net said...

Heffard, my dad mentioned the peanut butter, and I don't know how they do it, but they get the peanut butter without setting off the trap. We are going to get some of the D-Con poison and set it out this time. I did find their little nest. In the laundry room we had a bag of the powder concrete and they had made a nest in the bottom of it. Lucky me found the momma (or daddy) when I picked it up to move it and clean around it. Little critter took off under the dryer. Thank goodness I didn't scream. LOL! Getting a cat is a good idea but we don't have anyone to take care of him. :(

Sylvia, that would be my luck. Spend that money on a new one and then the old one shows up. But no luck yet. I think it is gone for good....

want 2 drive said...

I live in Michigan and many people
have a cabin up north,so they are not around much a little trick they told me
take a 5 gallon pale put a stick alone side it for a ramp then put a dowel through a 2litter or something that spins on the dowel then spread peanut butter on the 2litter put antifreeze in bottom of 5 gallon pale when the mice go after the peanut butter the 2litter spins them off the land in the green lake which may preserve them so it doesn't smell so bad just make sure the 2litter or something spins