Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Johnstown,NY

0315 hours and I am actually a lot more awake than I was last night when I posted. I got up and started driving about 1530 today. I had 548 miles to go to destination for an appointment at 0330 hrs (our time, 0430 their time). Piece of cake. Actually got in here around 0245 so I made pretty good time. Wasn't a bad drive actually. I'm still not fond of driving roads I'm not familiar with at night, but I am getting better. We have driven I-90 a few times, but not enough for me to be comfortable. I still kept it at 63, so I am getting better.

I think I mentioned on Primedrivers.net that we moved our 5th wheel. We, for some reason, thought it was in a different hole. After we took a good look at it, we realized that we needed to move it. Now we are in the 3rd hole back, which is about right in the middle, and things are going better. I think that was the problem with us being overweight so much. I also noticed that we got pretty darn good gas mileage coming up here. Well, good compared to what we had been getting. And I just pulled 76K across I-90 through northern Ohio, part of Pennsylvania and then about 300 miles of New York state which is pretty hilly. Closing that gap between the truck and the trailer definitely helps. So right now I am hopeful that things will start going better. I mean, they are going good, don't get me wrong, I am just really tired of dealing with weight issues. Now that we have the 5th wheel moved, I think that may be the last of those problems. Now to get the Qualcomm charges under control and we will be in business!!

That is really all that is going on today. Just sat here and ate some soup. Damn I love having a microwave and fridge/freezer in here! The soup just now and yesterday I broke out the George Foreman grill and cooked some chicken breasts, rice and salad. Delicious. Smokey is doing really great in the truck. No more accidents since him and J had a come to Jesus meeting over the last accident. Which really, considering he is a puppy, he only had 2 accidents in the truck and he is already potty trained. And, even though it sucks, both of the accidents that he had were on the bed, so we just had to wash the comforter and we were good to go. I was smart and bought a plastic liner for the mattress since I knew we would have to potty train him. But when he went he didn't even go enough to soak down to the mattress. We were lucky with him. Bu boy has he been in a mood tonight. Sometimes I swear he acts like a cat on catnip. He gets what I call crazy ears, where his ears are back and he looks psycho, and he just goes nuts. Starts running around the cab and jumping from seat to seat and running to the bed and jumping off and doing it all over again. I just laugh so hard at him that I think I am going to pee my pants. Sometimes I just have tears streaming down my face because he is so comical. He is loads of entertainment and I am really glad that he got locked in our house. It was meant to be.

That is all folks. Time to wrap things up and head to bed.

2 comments:

Decorina said...

I very much enjoy reading your blog. I'm a truck driver, too, though I'm not driving OTR right now.

Wanted you to know that I saw a Prime truck blown over on I-76 in Colorado last week. So sad. The wind really kicks it up there on the plains.

You should know that there is a great place to sleep (and eat if still open when you arrive) in Bellemont which is west of Flagstaff on I-40. It is a Harley dealership on the South side of I-40. Can't remember the mm, but they have a great grill and parking in the pine trees just for trucks. Rimrock is new to me - but I was born in Cottonwood and visit my sister there everytime I can.

Good luck to you!

T-Net said...

Decorina, thanks for the tip on the Harley dealership. It is nice finding new spots to stop because I hate trying a new place when I'm not sure if there is parking for the truck. Appreciate it!