Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tucumcari,NM

That is as far as I made it tonight. Some trips everything falls into place and others are just a cluster from the get go. Like this one. First the problems with the trailer. Then really high winds in California last night had me all over the road. Then this afternoon when I started driving I had dust storms and wind gusts all the way across Arizona and New Mexico. All last summer we managed to stay away from the dust storms but I got a taste of one today. Those are nasty and visibility is very limited. So tonight I only got 456 miles. Sheesh! And to top it all off, this cute dog of ours decided to take a shit not once today, but twice on the covers of the bed. We have two sets so after getting a severe ass chewing from J the first time, we put the covers in the launry bag and got the others off the top bunk. Then he goes and does it again on those covers! WTF!?! He has been so good the last two weeks or so. I guess I can really only blame us for not taking him out the last time we stopped before he did it each time. So now we don't have any covers except for a blanket that was hanging down from the top bunk as a curtain for the lower bunk. What all this means is that we will be another 3 hours or so late because we HAVE to stop and do laundry when we go through Springfield tomorrow. Our FM was already a little pissy this morning because we were going to be late but how is that our fault when we got the load late again, at 1300 local time and they wanted us to make all three pick-ups by midnight and there was 450 miles between each of them? Hell, we made it to the first stop on time at 1600 local but didn't get loaded out of there until around 2300 I think. Tell me how we are supposed to make two more stops and cover 300 miles and get those loaded in an hour? Then the next morning we make it to the second stop on time, get loaded, get to the third stop, get loaded, then have to take the trailer to be looked at again, then go scale, then go back to the third stop and have them reload it because we are heavy and by this time it is midnight again. I take off and drive until 0530 and make it to Ludlow where J takes over. Maybe it is just me but I tend to get pissy when people get pissy with me over things that are out of my control. The only portion of being late that I will take credit for is the couple of hours it will take to do laundry because of the accident Smokey had.

So, now that I have that off my chest, J is now driving and it is 644 miles from Tucumcari,NM to Springfield. We will be there Thursday afternoon doing laundry. TruckingTiger, when you get out of class, come over to the Millinium building and find us. Give us a call and we will meet up.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

Oh man, I can't help it but grin! Maybe you should rename the dog to Poopy?;)