Friday, May 30, 2008

Holliday,TN

Last I left you we were headed to bed after the power went out and a LONG day packing. Got to bed at almost 0100. Around 0515 am my phone rings. It is Prime. Sorry but I am exhausted and not answering it. About 2 minutes later I hear J's phone ring. He sleeps through it. Our alarm was set to go off at 0600 so I figure I will call back when we wake up. Around 0615 we are up and out of the truck and back in the house getting some coffee and I call back. They were calling wanting to know if we can head in early to pick this load up. Uh, no. I already talked to our FM about the load the night before and told him we could pick it up around 1100 because we rented a U-Haul that we couldn't take back until they opened at 0900 and it is 88 miles to pick the load up. I tell the guy sorry but it isn't happening. Apparently another team had the load and there wasn't an appointment set so they asked if you could drop the load, for whatever reason, and they said sure. Well, in the middle of the night, the customer called back with an appointment time of noon on Friday. So now they are scrambling to get someone to pick this load up because it has to go on a plane leaving from Washington Dulles located 1347 miles away in Virginia. And there is NO way that we can make over 1400 miles, starting from our house to pick the load up, and make it there on time. What I want to know if why they let them drop the load? If there was a family emergency or they were due home time, I can understand that. But they told me they dropped it because there wasn't an appointment time. We get loads all the time where an appointment has not been set yet and we don't ask to drop the load and let someone else finish it. And what is with them not having appointment times? I would think that when they bid the load that the customer would know when they need their product. Schneider always always had an appointment time already set when we received the load assigment. Maybe it is something to do with being refridgerated loads, but I don't understand why it would be different. Maybe it is just me. Anyway, now they are calling or sending messages every few hours wanting to know our ETA because the customer is getting antsy. Sorry, we will get there when we get there, We already gave you an ETA and is hasn't changed. We are even driving 65, which we never do because of the fuel prices, to get there sooner to make the customer happy. This has been a screwed up load from the start. I hate people calling pressuring me when they KNOW that we won't make it because of when they dispatched us on it knowing we were coming out from time at home. Ok, on to something else.

J's son Justing signed up for the Navy today. He is going in as EOD (Explosives) and is testing next month for SEALS. Now they have it set up that if you test and pass the test for SEAL's that you can go dirctly to SEAL bootcamp and training. We will see what happens with the testing next month, but he will be leaving in the next two months. I am really proud of him.

That is all going on here at the moment. Time to get some sleep. I didn't get near enough last night and only a cat nap this afternoon before I had to drive.

No comments: