Saturday, May 10, 2008

Things happen in threes....

So I am really hoping my run of bad luck is over with. Three days and three things happened. Ok, I already posted about losing the phone and spending a crapload of money to get that replaced. You would think that would be enough, right? Wrong...

The phone incident was on Thursday. Friday morning we wake up to find the spare bathroom has water all over the floor. Do some digging and we think the hot water is leaking. The hot water heater is right behind the A/C unit. The A/C unit is freezing up and then thawing out and we originally thought it was that. It is humid here and we had the A/C set to heat and when we came home we switched it to A/C. Well the heat was set on 85 and the A/C was set on 70 so it just froze up from working to hard to cool it down that far that fast. So it was determined it wasn't that. Called a plumber out and he did more digging and the back side of the water heater had blown out. Definitely need a new hot water heater. Now we have water standing in the bedroom closet and a lot of the carpet in that bedroom is wet. $598 later we have a new hot water heater that doesn't leak. Nice. Combine that with the lost phone and it is getting expensive.

You would think that was enough, right? Wrong....

This morning we were getting ready to head out the door. We bought some D-Con for the mice and J was setting those out. That was the last thing we were doing and we were headed out the door. Truck was already packed and ready to go. I bend over to unplug the computer and see that Smokey has gotten ahold of one of the boxes of D-Con and is eating it. SHIT!!! Call the Vet, he says get up there. Get there and pump Smokey's stomach, give him a shot and have some pills to take twice a day for the next week. That was around $200. Does some higher power think I am made of money??? Now we are headed to see the kids before prom and take them to lunch and the girls to get their nails done. Of course all this was planned before we had to spend a shitload of money. But how can you tell them no after you already made the plans. I mean, this is for Prom, and Prom is a MAJOR deal. So right now we are dragging our broke asses along with our sick dog over to see the kids. :) Because at that point J said to get in the F'in truck before anything else goes f'in wrong!

OK, now for something more positive. Our friend Jaye came to see us! She just moved back to Abilene and since it is only about 4 hours from our house, and we were home, and she was off, this seemed to be the perfect time to get together. I am so glad she was able to come down and see us because I have really missed her since she moved to Colorado several years ago. We didn't do much but hang out while she was here. Went to the lake and got some awesome pictures of the sunset. I will post some of them here later. Also had us some drinks, an awesome green chili chicken baked potato for dinner and then watched Borat. We had never seen that and laughed our ass off. It was hilarious. A little disturbing, but a riot. :)

That is what I am doing now. For some reason the computer cord isn't showing that is it charging. Wierd. I hope it isn't broken also. OH, I forgot to mention that the Suburban wouldn't start after being gone that long also. But that makes four things going wrong and I just don't know how much more I can handle!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it werent for bad luck, you guys would have no luck at all! Makes for good reading though...lol. Hopefully things get better this week for you! Im gonna get Rachel to call you, Tracy...She has a lot of questions.

T-Net said...

Sometimes I wonder. I figure it has to get better from here. LOL!! Have her call me anytime. If I don't answer, I probably won't recognize the number so just tell her to leave a voice mail. Also, text me your number. Since you read I lost my phone, I don't have your number anymore.

Dr. Zebra said...

Back when I was a kid, our boxer ate a box of Dcon. Mom rushed her to the vet, got the pumping and the shot, and loaded her back in the car and starting going home.

The fun part was that Ginger (the dog) started having an allergic reaction to the shot, got all swollen and stuff. Back to the vet, and another shot and some pills. Poor puppy.

Dogs are wonderful animals, but they can certainly be really stupid at times. ;)

Silvia said...

Thank god you noticed the dog got a hold of the Dcon instead him dropping dead in the truck! That would have been a nightmare!

As for the water heater, I would have spent 100 Bucks more on a tankless water heater, saves money in the long run and water leaks!
Stay safe now!