Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Back in Auburn,WA

Well, made it back here this morning. I wish I could say it was an uneventful trip, but alas, I can not. Poor J is sick so he only made it to Coeur D'Alene last night. I got up at 0200 so that I could drive us in and make appointment time. But we ended up being late. Turns out that Snoqualmie Pass, which was wet with only rain when I checked it before I went to bed, ended up getting snow last night. As I was coming into Ellensberg,WA one of the signs on the road was flashing that said "IF FLASHING TUNE RADIO TO 1610AM FOR TRAVEL INFORMATION." So of course I turn it on and it is saying that traction tires are required on cars and chains are required on trucks and towing vehicles. Well, you know how I feel about chaining. But, we didn't have much choice. At that point, they had already assigned us our next load so we really needed to get over the pass. I get to the point where I need to chain and have a heck of a time trying to find a spot. I kid you not there had to have been at minimum 40 trucks chaining up. So we chain and head over, unchain and arrive at the customers about 2 hours later than expected. But again, I can't control the weather and they were updated that we would be late and the reason.

Also, on the way down from Snoqualmie, I stopped at the TA in North Bend to fuel and also got J some Dayquil, Nyquil and Tussin (cough supressant and decongestant). He is running a fever also so that is not good. He never gets sick so when he does, it generally lays him up for a few days. I called into our dispatch and talked to Tonya about it. He can't drive because he is taking all those meds. What they did was put me (us) on a solo board for the next few days. That way, he doesn't drive, I do, and I drive like a solo and will get a solo load. But it will give him time to recouperate and we can shut down all night for a few nights. He just needs some medicine and lots of rest and I think he will be fine. I will probably get one solo run and deliver it and then they will probably put us back on our normal team board. We will just have to wait and see how he feels. So for the moment, I am available at 0300 hours as a solo driver, with a passenger. haha We were wanting to get back south out of all this nasty weather, but I don't know if that is going to happen. More bad weather is going to hit the midwest in the next few days along with the north. I guess we will see how this solo board works out.

We took a few pictures coming down the pass but I haven't loaded them yet. But they look the same as the others as I posted from Snoqualmie Pass. Everything is covered with snow. :) I do find it amazing though that it can be blizzard conditions at the top of that pass, and you drop down another 10-15 miles into North Bend which is at mile marker 32 and the sun is shining and it is gorgeous outside. The weather amazes me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you're tough, is all I can say. Like you, when we get through training, I hope to hell we get some south loads.

Keep your chin up and we hope J gets better.

Unknown said...

Hey T-Net, do you read our blog - TruckingFunks.blogspot.com ?

I was hoping to make you jealous while we were cruising but didn't get any reaction.

T-Net said...

Bob, I hadn't checked any blogs in several weeks. I just went in and checked yours. YES!! I am jealous!! On this solo board and they are sending me to Milwaukee. More on that in todays blog. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time on the cruise though. Since we are headed to Milwaukee, we may end up in Green Bay. If we do, we will try to get over to the school and say "HI" to you both!