Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Guess what I saw this morning?

When J woke me up at 0230 to get up and get ready to drive, I looked out the window, and I saw SNOW! You know, I really just have to laugh about it.

So we picked up yesterday in Fort Worth and delivered today in Plainfield,IN. I got there about 45 minutes late. I couldn't get out of the gate at Edwardsville because there was a typo from when they were entering the trailer we have assigned to us. Then I ran into an accident where the interstate was closed down and they had us take a detour to go around it. Then with the blowing snowk, I was going a little slower than normal, and I had to cross Illinois at a mind-numbing 55. Although I did do 60 most of the way. But I got there at 1050 for a 1000 appt. They got me unloaded and by 1145 I was out of there. We left and headed to the Indy OC and while enrt there we got our next load. We picked up a relay from the OC which worked out great and by 1245 I had that load and was leaving. Stopped down the road at mthe Pilot to scale the load and then took off again. Drove J as far as London,OH and stopped there at 1515. I had been behind the wheel since 0300 so I am worn out. And with the live unload and picking up another load I still managed to get in 500 miles. Sweet. This load delivers between 0800-1000 tomorrow in Delaware and J should get there sometime around 0300 so that will be nice and we can get some good non-moving sleep.

So that is it for today. I'm exhausted and going to bed.

No comments: