Monday, February 18, 2008

Wisconsin

So last I left you I had made it to Miles City. Ok, I woke up yesterday morning and headed out. Luckily that snow didn't amount to anything there in Miles City. I felt horrible and knew I wouldn't make it far. I made it a whopping 110 miles. Stopped at the Flying J in Beach,NC at exit 1 because visibility was about 20 yards and the roads were ice covered. And dealing with driving in the just wore me completely out. But the good news is that J was going to start driving. We grabbed some brunch, what little I could eat, and then came back out to find the wind blowing even harder. Then we decided to just shut down for an hour or so, take a nap, and re-evaluate things when we woke up. Luckily things were better and there was enough traffic out that the roads were clearing off pretty good so we took off after his nap. Well, he took off. I was still crashed in the bunk. He made it to Fargo,ND last night and then I took over from there this morning. We were hoping that if I got up and drove a while then he could take over when his 10 hr break was up and we could maybe make this delivery before 1700 today, but it isn't going to happen. So we will get in to Milwaukee around 1800 tonight, get a good nights sleep and then deliver in the morning.

I talked to Tonya on the Qualcomm today and now she had J running solo and me out of service. We have been really lucky as far as not getting sick. The last time I was sick was during STA (training) and that was a year ago. And it has been even longer than that for J to be sick. I guess it was just our time.

Hopefully since we are due back in Dallas on Thursday for TAH we will get a load out of Milwaukee taking us straight home. But we will have to wait and see what they have in store for us. I guess we won't find out until tomorrow when we deliver and then get our new work assignment.

So my solo driving days are over and J gets to start his solo driving career. I hope it is as exciting for him as it has been for me. LOL!! :)

No comments: