Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Port of Tacoma,WA



Thought I would snap a few pictures last night. I was telling you about the Greek Restaurant that I wanted to try so we walked down to it. It was about a 2 block walk, so we walked. Plus we didn't lose our parking space there at the drop lot. Because they had a flyer with to-go orders, we really thought it would be a small little casual place. Thinking that, I was wearing wind pants, a t-shirt, a hoodie sweatshirt and my long coat and J was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Well, we get there and the first picture is the picture of the inside of the place. It is in what is probably an historic home and the family that runs it lives upstairs. Linen covered tables, cloth covered chairs, linen napkins...this place was very nice. I definitely felt underdressed. When we opened the door, an older gentleman was sitting on the enclosed porch and he greeted us. I think he was the head of the family, the father. Very sweet old man and he showed us to our seat. We were the ONLY people in there. They even had not turned the music on and they did that while we were being seated. Now, someone who I am assuming was the son, or maybe son-in-law, was our waiter. I would guess him to to in his 30's maybe early 40's. He was very nice and helped us decide. I don't remember what I got because it was Greek, but it was chicken ka bobs, rice and veggies and J got the lasagne (It was Greek and Italian). When we finished, we were still the only people in the place. I don't know if they were slow because of the season and weather or what, but the food was excellent and the atmosphere was superb. I felt like I was being spoiled and pampered and they were just being hospitable. As we were leaving, the father and probably his daughter were sitting on the enclosed porch and we thanked them for a wonderful meal. If you are ever in Auburn,WA and looking for a nice place to eat, check out Kouros Kusine at 721 W Main. You will be glad you did. :)
Ok, so for what is going on today. We are currently sitting at the Flying J in Port of Tacoma. The one that I mentioned yesterday that was the smallest place. Well, we made our pick up last night and came down here to run inside the store. As I was inside, J was in the truck and saw another truck leave, so we came over here and parked as fast as we could before anyone else had time to pull in and take it. :) When we stopped last night, chains were required for Snoqualmie and when I got up this morning, they were still required, and I just checked again and they are STILL required. So we are stuck again. I am going to call in and see if they want to re-route us. But the weather sucks everywhere right now so they will probably just have me sit it out. We will see. They know we are stopped, because I keep updating them on our status, so maybe they will just tell me to go a different route. Maybe I will just leave it up to them. Hmmm

No comments: