Saturday, February 2, 2008

Missouri headed West...

It felt good to get some decent sleep last night. I just haven't slept good the last few nights, but I don't think I am getting sick. I think it is just a woman thing. Ugh...

Anywho, headed out this morning around 0700. Showered, ate, found the trailer, got the paperwork for it and off we went. J went right back to sleep. I think he was worn out too. Although I don't know what his excuse was since he is a man. LOL But I am glad he did because some days he goes off of 5-6 hours of sleep and that just isn't near enough for me so I don't know how he does it.

We stopped at Edwardsville to get fuel and I saw the weather on the TV. It still isn't looking good and they are prediciting another 2 feet of snow in the Cascades up in northern California all the way up through Washington. How this run is going to go is anyones guess. I have a feeling that we won't make it on time but we will see. The weather is just not going to cooperate with us. And you know my luck driving through Wyoming. Which means we will be shut down. But I have come to terms with having to go back through the hell state, so I will deal with it. Hopefully we won't have many more trips through there this winter. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Right now I have our dinner cooking in the Burton Lunchbox. Steaks with carrots. Yummy! Also gonna have mashed potatoes, the instant kind, and I have the water and milk in a Burton water heater so that will only take a few minutes when we are stopped. Also gonna have a salad. Cooking in the truck rocks. And it is so much cheaper. AND, it has the added benefit of tasting like home made instead of like truck stop food.

So off we go to the next rest area where it should be done and we will eat!

3 comments:

Lour & Grey said...

The "cooking-in-the-truck" thing sounds like its SO much better (and healthier, no doubt!) than the overpriced stuff we'd be buying on the road.

Thanks for keeping this blog, too. Its great to read about the daily goings on, especially since you two so recently went through what Grey * I are about to go through!

:)

~Lour

Silvia said...

That Burton Lunch Box cracked me up! So I guess it is like a slow cooker on the road?:)

T-Net said...

Yep, it is a slow cooker. Gets to 300 degrees and works great. I cook a ton of stuff in it. Only problem is you smell what you are cooking for 2-3 hours and you get HUNGRY!! :)