Thursday, February 21, 2008

A sad loss...

I was talking to a friend of mine that I used to work with at the police department this morning. Another of our co-workers just lost her 12 year old step-daughter due to this "flu" that has been going around. I don't know all the details, but apparently she had been sick for about two weeks and they thought it was just a cold or possibly the flu that she just couldn't shake. Again, not knowing all the details, I know they took her to the doctor and possibly the emergency room. In the end, she died from it. I can't stress enough to people to take care of yourselves out there. I know we have been sick also, and if at any point I would have felt like it was an out of the ordinary kind of sick, I would have stopped the truck and gotten to a doctor. I truly believe that a person knows their own body and will know if is something more severe than just a head or chest cold. I just ask that anyone who is of a mind to, keep this family in your prayers. They are going through a very rough time right now.

No comments: