Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back on the road.....Kinda

Well, we are ready to head back out and are in the truck, but we don't have a load yet. The only thing that sucks about that is that I got up at 0600 to grab a shower and eat breakfast here at the OC before we were available, at 0800, and still nothing. If I would have know, then heck, I would have slept in. I didn't sleep well last night and could already use a nap. It was just one of those nights where I had wierd dream that had nothing to do with anything that has happened recently. Just wierd dreams.

We saw several people we know inside the OC this morning. I felt like quite the social butterfly. LOL Ran into Richard and LouAnn who have bought their own super nice T-660. Richard has been driving for Schneider for a year and a half and LouAnn is just finishing up her training so they can team. She had CDL prep today and will probably test with DPS tomorrow for her permanent CDL and then they will be ready to go. I'm really excited for them. We ran into another guy that did our Winter Training drive test. For the life of me I can't remember his name and I hate when that happens. But his wife went through class with LouAnn and they are going to be teaming also. Then we say Steve who did our CDL Permit prep when we were in class, we saw Don who was J's truck instructor and then we ran into Rob who did our CDL test with us. We couldn't hardly get out of there! Also met Fred who was just finishing up training and had his CDL prep today. We know him through pumpkindriver.com and it is always great to meet people that we know from that website. We have met some really great people that way.

We didn't do a whole lot at home on our time off. J got some trash and tree limbs and leaves burned while we were there. We had to pick up a lot of trash because the trash service didn't show up when we left last time to go out and so the neighborhood dogs have had 3.5 weeks to make a complete mess of our trash. Also, some other person dumped their trash in our trash bin so that was an even bigger mess for us to clean up. J was going to call them and complain, but I had to point out that someone could have stolen their trash and went through it looking for Identification Information to steal their identity and then just dumped their trash at our house. Believe me, that is not uncommon out in the freaking boonies where we live. So I was able to deter him from calling them or from cancelling all their utilities since we had the bills in our trash. :)

We went over to a friends house on Saturday and had dinner then went out with her and some other friends for another friends birthday so that was fun. We were also able to take Bandit with us because Bandit has stayed at this friends house and played with her dog Chewey so that worked out good.

I guess that is about all that is going on with us. Still nothing on a load yet so I will just hang out here until I find out something.

No comments: