Friday, December 28, 2007

Atlanta,GA

What a mess. Last night we got into Fairburn,GA and delivered our GP load. They had us bobtail back to the OC instead of taking an empty. I figure it is because Atlanta is such a small OC that there isn't a lot of room to park loaded trailers, let alone empty. So we head over here, and pull into the gate. While we were dropping our load, we got our next one. We were to pick up a relay here at the OC and take it to New Braunfels,TX. Keep in mind that we are supposed to be home tomorrow at 1800. I sent a message and asked them and they said we would be routed home after we delivered this load. It is only about 250 miles from Dallas, so I figured they would have us drop the load they just assigned us and then have us relay one to Dallas. Well, we get to the OC and find the trailer. We decide, since we are being lazy and it isn't due until the 29th at midnight, just like our previous load, that we will shut down till the morning and then head out. This morning rolls around and I am awakened by a LOUD thunder clap. Great... Get up, get dressed, run inside to the ladies room, and head over to hook up to the trailer. Get to it and remember it is high value so we drive over to the Estimator, which is where they keep the paperwork and king pin lock at this OC. J goes in to get the stuff and comes b ack empty handed. Hmmm this isn't looking good. He hops in and proceeds to tell me that the trailer we are supposed to pick up is showing TBO (bad trailer) and he was told all the product has to be unloaded from that trailer to another trailer. Unfortunately it isn't looking like that is going to happen today. From the looks of things, someone was trying to slide the tandems, and the passenger side of the trailer went into the 5th hole and the drivers side went into the 4th hole. Not sure how that happened, but it is all out of alignment. And it is obvious from just looking at it. The front tandem is crooked.

SO.....that was at 0930 this morning. I called our DBL who was going to notify our TP. I also notified our TP by Qualcomm and by voice mail and I still haven't heard anything back. It is now 1300 hours. Starting to get a little upset so I am going to call again. I don't mind sitting if I know it is because they are still trying to find us a load back to Dallas. But what I don't like is not hearing ANYTHING back from them. Not even a message that says "We are taking you off this load and trying to find you a load home. Will let you know as soon as we have something for you." At least then my message would have been acknowledged!

So that is what I am doing today. Hanging out in the truck waiting on a load. Fun fun fun.... :)

No comments: