Monday, December 17, 2007

Fontana,CA

Well, we are doing a 34 hour restart here in Fontana. Now, I know you are wondering why we are shut down doing a restart when we haven't really done shit in the last week. Well, here is my story.......

So J gets us into Fontana around midnight last night. Give or take... He unhooks the trailer and parks the truck. We unhook the trailer in case the person that is picking up the relay shows up. So we pull around and get some sleep. I had us showing available at 0400 California time. So at 0400 I get up and check the Qualcomm and we have a load. Cool. We are supposed to pick up in Anaheim and deliver in Shawnee,KS. It is a FedEx load that is expedited and we have until 1500 hours to pick it up. So we go ahead and get up and come inside for a shower. Then we head out to the truck and get in and pull around to the fuel aisle and fill up. Then we realize that it is 0600 (we had to wait a while to get a shower) so we decide to park and grab some breakfast real quick since the cafeteria opens at 0600 and they have GREAT food here. In we go. I had an awesome breakfast burrito. They really make the best ones here. And I swear the tortilla they use is the size of a large pizza and is simply huge when it is rolled up. Oh, and excellent salsa. Anyway, so we finish up and head outside and get in the truck. When I get in the truck and start it, I see that we have a new message. I read it and it says that our load has been cancelled because FedEx didn't have enough for the load. That seems kind of funny because isn't FedEx usually overnight or 2 day? And I would think if they had anything, that it would need to go. But, I suppose if they didn't have enough for a full load they probably gave it to an LTL (less than loaded) carrier and put it in a smaller trailer. Well, now what? So J goes back to sleep since he was woke up in the middle of his sleep to take a shower. Finally another 4 hours go by and we still don't have a load. At this point, technically, if I had been on duty, my shift would have been over in 3 hours. So I made a decision to send in another Mac 18 (our availability) and change it to tomorrow morning at 0400 local time. This way, we both have our 34 hour restart and we won't have to stop during the week to take it. Because we would have had to stop during the week. And it didn't make any sense to be down today and then a whole extra day during the week. We may as well take advantage of it now and then we can hit it hard in the morning and run all week. That way we can have a decent check next week. Because basically they have SUCKED this past few weeks since we have been broke down so much. Now I have to pray that we get a load tomorrow so we can get some miles!!!

Since you know I am trying to eat better, I only thought it was fair that I fess up to the patty melt and half an order of fries I had today at lunch. BUT, to redeem myself, I had a chef salad for supper. So see, I am trying....

No comments: