Friday, December 21, 2007

Sacramento

Now we are in Sacramento. But first, let me tell you about today.

J gets us to a truck stop last night 21 miles from destination. So we pull over and get about 4 hours good non moving sleep. I felt great when I woke up. So I run in and go to the restroom and come back and start getting my log book started for the day. I also take a 5 Hour Energy. I don't know how people feel about these, but they are all natural with vitamins and have the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee. Some of the others stuff out there has ephedrine or whatever it is called, but these don't. Anyway, every morning I drink one when I get up because I don't drink coffee on the road or I woud be stopping at every rest area to pee! Well, it says you can feel fushed and your skin may tingle because of the large amount of B-12, but the side effects have never effected me. Until this morning I guess. I seriously started feeling really bad. VERY flushed, dizzy, my arms felt numb, I was nauseous and my stomach was instantly upset. J was asking what he could do and honestly, I wasn't sure, because I had never had that kind of reaction to this stuff. And I drink one EVERY day. After I felt like I could walk, J got me back into the bathroom and after a few minutes I felt better. After about 20 minutes from the time I drank it, I was feeling normal again. So I take off for the consignee who is just down the road. I get about 11 miles down the road and I have to pull over again. I get out and I am throwing up on the side of the road. Stomach is cramping, but no where to go to the bathroom. About 10 minutes later, it passes and then I am fine again. I go ahead and make it to the consignee and I don't have any problems after that. So that was my morning. It was just really wierd. I don't know if it was a bad bottle of the stuff or what, but I am glad that is over with!

Now, on to the rest of the day. I made it to the consignee only 15 minutes late, due to the stop on the side of the road, so that wasn't bad. Got unloaded and headed up to French Camp,CA to drop the empty trailer off there. Then I headed down to South San Francisco,CA to to pick up the current load we have. It has two stops. One in Wood Dale,IL and the other in Elizabeth,NJ. The one in Illinois is a live unload on Sunday morning and the other is a live unload on Monday morning. We will see if we can make it in time. It is gonna be tight, but we will probably make it. We always do......

So it is 1730 and we are in Sacramento headed east. That was my fun day. I am tired and ready for bed now.

No comments: