Friday, December 28, 2007

Update on Atlanta post - Good news

Well, I made the call. I got ahold of Julian. He isn't our normal contact, Tonya is, but she was out on vacation, and Julian and her are on the same team. Julian saved the day. I explained the deal to him and he realized that we were just sitting there in limbo. Well, he got on the ball and tried to figure something out. I was on the phone with him for about 10 minutes and then he said to let him work on it a little more and he would get back to me. We hung up, and I kid you not, it wasn't 3 minutes later when my Qualcomm beeped and it said we were being taken off that load and that they found a new load to keep us moving. It said that the new load info would follow shortly. Well, about 1 minute later, we got the load info on the Qualcomm and we were set. It was a load to Dallas which is PERFECT because that is where we needed to go. So.... way to go Julian!! YOU ROCK!!!!!

I am also excited because once we get back in town, we get to go pick Bandit up from our friends house! I have missed her so much! Only about 2 more months to go and then we will hopefully be in our own truck as Owner Operators so we can take her with us. Our friends Michelle and Stephanie have been alternating taking care of her. Stephanie for the most part, but Bandit goes over and visits Chewy at Michelle's once in a while. They have been AWESOME helping out with her since we decided to do this crazy thing called truck driving. :) But it won't be long and the 3 of us will be a family again. Now I just have to convince J that we need another small dog so that Bandit will have someone to keep her company while we are on the road. We will just have to wait and see how well that works out.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just so you know, you arent doing these posts in vain. I read here every day! I enjoy following your journey all over the country and cant wait to get started on my own journey. Thanks for doing this blog!