Friday, December 14, 2007

Called consignee last night to ask about the 1530 delivery by time. They told us they are just short staffed on afternoon shift and like to have loads in by 1530 but if the arrive after it is no biggie. Since he said that, and it isn't a big deal if it is later, and since we weren't going to make it on time anyway, we went ahead and stopped for about 3 hours last night. After coming off a few days in the hotel, it is hard the first day back out to get your body adjusted. J didn't drive but to Normal,IL last night and I hit the road at 0600. We just switched down here in Mississippi and he has about 225 miles to go. We should get there around 2100.

While we switched drivers we also ate dinner. Bought us each a side salad at the W. Memphis OC and in the cooker we cooked some Steak strips (like fajita meat) and some black eyed peas. YUMMY!!

Not much really going on today so I'll leave it at that!

1 comment:

Wolfeman said...

At 0600 Friday morning I was somewhere in IN on my way to Peoria. Passed through Normal on 74 later in the morning. Delivered at CAT and crashed for awhile at the TA in Bloomington.

Couldn't get a load out so I decided to drive home instead of sticking around waiting for the snow. Right now I'm sitting in my kitchen drinking coffee watching the snow fall outside the window. I imagine that you're south of it in MS

Be safe