Friday, December 7, 2007

Snow, snow, snow - I'm jinxed!!

FINALLY got a load around 1400 hours yesterday. Bobtailed 430 miles to Twin Falls,ID to pick up an empty and then 186 miles to Vale,OR to pick up our load of minerals. We are delivering to Milwaukee,WI. I guess they really are not understanding me when I say I want somewhere WARM!!! LOL!!

So we head out yesterday afternoon and get into Twin Falls,ID around midnight. Pick up the trailer and head back to the I-84 where there is an AMBEST Truck Stop. Since it was only 196 miles to pick up and we had until 1500 hrs today, we stopped there for the night. It was raining, about 30 degrees outside so it was getting slick, and just plain hard to see on the blacktop. So we got up around 0530 and headed in for a shower. The clerk was really nice and they actually had some of the best showers we have been to. HUGE shower. I'm talking 3 people could have taken a shower at once, there was a radio and hair dryer in there. And it was CLEAN!! I'm sure some of you have stopped there before, but we haven't been out this direction yet so it was really nice to find that little place. OH, and at midnight, there was still tons of parking. We practically parked right by the door. Also, this place has XS gloves in womens sizes! NO ONE that I have found carries those so I bought a couple pair. Who knew goat skin was so soft??

Headed out and got to the pick up location right at high noon. I ended up taking the scenic route and was wondering if I had missed something. But I got there all the same. We were live loaded and were in and out of there in an hour. Impressive. When we left we stopped at the DOT scale house, that was un-manned, but the digital scales were working, and weighed the load. Had to move the trailer from the 5th hole to the 7th hole and now we are all set to go and legal.
Did I mention that it started snowing on us while I was getting loaded? What is it with me and snow? Well, stop at the Pilot up on I-84 in Ontario and look at the weather on the laptop. There are some really pretty colors on that radar. I-80 appears to be a complete mess. So we decided to park here and start again in the morning. This load is not high value and not expedited and we have until Tuesday night at midnight to deliver so we are going to let that storm that is hitting the midwest get a little further ahead of us.

That is our story. If anyone is in Ontario,OR come by and say hi to us. We're parked on the north side of the building right across from Sizzler!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Seems you were just behind us in Oregon. We are presently in Rock Springs, Wy and it is NOT pretty. We are waiting until daylight to attempt to get into Nebraska and the snow and ice that awaits us there. Good luck on your trip to WI, I hate to tell you but we are headed to Fort Lauderdale, FL, but not looking forward to the heat at all. Stay safe