Thursday, December 27, 2007

North Carolina and a small rant....

Last night we spent the night at the OC in Carlisle,PA. We got there around 1700, grabbed some dinner and did laundry. I hit the sack around 2030. I was so tired! So I was lazy today and got up at 0630. We grabbed a shower and breakfast and I headed out at 0830. We know that when we deliver this load, which isn't due until midnight tomorrow, that we will only have time for our load back to Dallas for our TAH, so there isn't any real reason to push it. I ran 471 miles today and that left J with just about 300 or a little less I think.

Right now we are coming into Charlotte,NC. Traffic has been horrible. It has been stop and go from Statesville,NC down to Charlotte. That is almost 40 miles. I really don't know why SB is so bad. Well, by now, rush hour is starting, but an hour and a half ago when we started it wasn't. He has driven 41 miles in that hour and a half. Dang..... Anyway, our plan is to fuel up here and grab dinner. We are hoping by the time we get done that rush hour traffic will have thinned out some and we can actually make some progress. Figure we will deliver between 2100-2200 tonight.

Also, I just wanted to say that a driver with Gainey Transport really pissed me off today. We both got stuck behind some slow traffic. As soon as possible, I put my blinker on to pass. He pulled out, and I had my blinker on, and he didn't let me over. He kept on going and passed us both. Now, this may not seem like a big deal to you if you don't drive a truck. But there is this thing called courtesy that most truck drivers have. We know what it is like to be stuck behind traffic, and to have our blinker on trying to pass, and 30 4 wheelers keep passing. KNOWING that we have our blinker on and want to get over. We get this crap all day long. As a truck driver, I let another truck driver in front of me, hell, I will let a 4 wheeler in front of me, because I am courteous. But this SHIT, either had his head up his ass, or was just a dick. So I got on the CB and told him, "Thanks Gainey, appreciate it" in the best smart ass voice I could muster. I don't think he had his CB on, but I felt better. Figured that was better than flipping him off......

No comments: