Saturday, December 15, 2007

Back to Sunny California

FINALLY!! Well, we delivered last in Hatiesburg,MS then drove over to New Orleans,LA and picked up a load of coffee at Proctor & Gamble and are now headed to Los Angeles,CA with it. Did you know that in New Orleans there is a NASA Center? It is litterally at the end of the block from P&G. Very cool. I may have known that there was a NASA there and had just forgotten but it was cool to drive by.

Yesterday was a horrible day for sleep for both of us. After we picked up at P&G, we headed to the nearest Pilot which was about 30 miles away. We had to scale the load since it was 42,120 lbs. Didn't have to slide the tandems so that worked out great. Then we called it a night and parked there. I was up yesterday at 0500, drove all day till 1530, took a nap from about 2000-2200 and that was all the sleep I got. Between trying to find the delivery in Hattiesburg, and the CRAPPY state of I-10, sleep was just out of the question. And since I was awake still at 0145 when we got to the Pilot, there was no way I was going to get up and drive at 0300. So I got up at 0830, yes, I slept in. Hit the road about 0915 and made it 300 miles to the Pilot in Baytown where we showered, ate, fueled up and bought a new coax cable and antennae for the CB. Then J installed it and it seems to be working better now. It is turned all the way down at the moment, but we were actually able to hear, so that makes us think we were right when we were thinking it was a problem with the coax.

Oh, and I have been trying to eat better. We ate at McDonalds today because I was too hungry to wait until after we showered to cook something and we had to wait for the shower. So I got a grilled chicken sandwich and only ate half the bun, a side salad with low cal Italian and a small diet coke. So I thought that was pretty good for eating out. Of course, a little while ago we were hungry again, so I warmed up a bowl of chili and made us a frito pie. But I had about a 1/4 of the can of chili and I gave the rest to J so I didn't really eat that much.

We are about at a rest area so I'm gonna run in and go to the ladies room and then hit the sack while J continues to drive. I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments: