Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Update time!

Craig and Diane, yeah, we must have been right behind you guys! I hope you made it to Florida ok. Boy, am I jealous!! :)

Well, let me tell you what happened with us. Sorry it is a little late, but better late than never! So I thought I had a good idea when I decided to stop for the night in Ontario,OR. Got up the next morning and it was dry outside. YES!! So I head out and get about 50 miles down the road, and BAM, there is the storm. It sure didn't move very fast during the night. I drove for about 50-60 miles in snow and ice. Top speed was about 40 low end about 30. It wasn't a lot of fun! We make it in to Jerome,ID and stop at a Flying J and I check the weather on the computer, mainly wanting to check out interstate conditions. weather.com works great for this. Well, I-70, I-80 and I-90 weren't looking very good. I-70 and I-80 were showing red, caution, I-90 was showing orange, possible problems, and I-94 was showing green, good. So we decided to head up I-15 and go back through Butte,MT and head east on I-94 from there and go through North Dakota, Minnesota and into Wisconsin that way. It was about 200 miles or so out of route, but it was so worth it. Road was dry all of the way, and if it wasn't dry, it was just wet from precipitation, but no snow packed or ice packed roads. It made the trip much more enjoyable.

We delivered to Miller Brewing yesterday and from there got a message for us to get an empty from Miller and then drive up to Green Bay for our PM's that we are overdue on. So we got in here about 1830 last night and got the truck in line for the shop. They are stacked up with trucks in the shop, and even though we are a team, there is just so much to do to our truck that they are saying it won't be ready until Wednesday afternoon at the earliest. That has been our luck lately! But we knew we were going to be down at least one night getting this done and we are just going with the flow. This HAS to be done. And once they get it done, there isn't any reason that we should be shut back down, so we will hit it hard once we get out there.

So last night and tonight we are in Green Bay hanging out at the Howard Johnson's. This is actually a pretty cool place. Indoor pool, indoor minature golf, restaurant and bar on premis. Nice....

No comments: