Saturday, December 22, 2007

Laramie,Wyoming

I have never been so happy to stop in my life! I got up this morning at 0400 and by 0415 I was on the road. No side effects to the 5-hour energy I am happy to report. :) Anyway, I was about 40 miles west of the Utah border. So I took off. Small mountains on that side of Utah, then it goes flat as a pancake until you reach Salt Lake City. At that point it started to snow on me but it was only a few flurries and it stopped. Made it through SLC then up to Parley's Summit I go. That was a pretty steep drive. Going up and coming back down. Then comes the fun part. Enter Montana. 10 hours of driving, 1 hour on duty, and I only made 540 miles today. Coming across Wyoming SUCKED!!! More so than Sacramento traffic. High wind advisory. Gusts up to 65 mph, blowing snow creating white out conditions, 3 wrecks (one EB and two WB) for a total of 6 fatalities. I am WORN OUT!! Of course, now that I made it here, it is Joe's turn to drive, and no snow blowing and the roads are now clear. Just my luck.

So that was my day today. I am really happy it is over and done with. Reports are that the rest of Montana and Nebraska are all clear so J should have a good easy shift.

No comments: