Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back to California....

I got up this morning at 0330, which is entirely too early and took over driving since we had a FedEx load and it was time critical. They figured we would arrive at 1530 hours and we made it there at 1330 hours. YES!! And that is on top of stopping in Fontana that I mentioned yesterday, so we had a good run. I did have a problem with the empty trailer I picked up though. The door was warped and I couldn't get it shut. I felt bad, but I had to wake up J and have him help me. Not to mention that the yard guy dropped the trailer litterally 6 inches from the other trailer so I couldn't even close the door. I had to back up for him to shut it because they were so close that I couldn't pull forward or the doors of the trailers would have gotten tangled up. Idiot people that park those trailers should know better. They do, but they figure they aren't their trailers so they don't care. They are just lazy.

At around 1230 today we got our next load assignment. We had to pick up an empty trailer at FedEx and take it to the Dallas OC then pick up a relay going to Tracy,CA which is on I-5 near Sacramento. That rocked because we were wanting to go to the OC for a shower so it worked out perfectly. Of course when we got to Dallas OC trucks were backed up onto the frontage road because so many trucks were there and they were getting gas. So we bypassed the fuel lanes and just came inside. And once we got inside we had to wait about an hour for a shower. They only have 4 showers there and they were full and then there were 6 people in front of us. We just decided to eat in the cafeteria since we were going to have to wait. So much for eating good, but I didn't totally blow it. I had the enchiladas and really only at them. Barely touched the rice and beans.

That is what we did today. We are currently in Dallas/Fort Worth traffic trying to get out of here but it is 1800 hrs and traffic is a mess. We have to be in Tracy,CA at 0600 day after tomorrow for a live unload so we gotta book to make it on time. But that will give us 3061 paid miles is just three days. Not bad.....

No comments: