Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back on the road

Made it back out this morning. Last night we dropped Bandit off at her "hotel" and headed in to the truck. Got all of our stuff loaded into it and then headed to the shop to get the rest of the maintenance done on it. They had it for 2 full days doing the windshield so for the life of me I don't know why they just didn't do the rest of it, but they said for us to take it to the express bay to have the other stuff done. Whatever....

While we were waiting we ran into Jack and Sharon there at the OC. Jack was in school with J and I. Actually Jack and I had the same instructor. His wife Sharon had already been driving for something like 13 years so she just went to an Orientation for experienced drivers. Kind of backwards, huh? Usually it is the husband who has the experience. But it is kind of a neat story. I guess Jack worked the dock and yard at a place where Sharon delivered to a lot and that is how they met. Cool.

So we get up this morning and eat and shower and head to the truck to see if we have a load and there is a message from Green Bay saying that we won't get a load until they get a copy of my drivers license. Well, this is one of the reasons I went to DPS while we were off. They can't seem to send me a current copy of my drivers license with the correct endorsements on it. So I am able to send her my old drivers license with the top cut off along with a copy of the paper license showing the correct endorsements and she says that will work for now. Thank goodness! So we finally get a load and we are headed to Indiana with it. Of course that is right into the snow. Yep, Mrs Ice Trucker is out on the highways again..... Lord help us all!

2 comments:

Silvia said...

Hi, Mrs. Ice Trucker, love your blog! Are you a Owner Operator with the Orange Co. ?

T-Net said...

Hi Sylvia! Thanks! Right now we are company drivers but are hoping to go Owner Operator probably at the end of March or maybe first part of April. I definitely want to wait just a little bit until the freight picks up some.