Monday, January 21, 2008

Libertyville,IL

As I sit here typing this, it is SNOWING!! Yes ladies and gentlemen, that is my luck. :) I am just sitting here thinking how pretty it is and that is sucks that I'm in my truck and not curled up in front of a fireplace with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. But that is ok, because I am a professional damn it! hahaha

J, bless his heart, drove 658 miles yesterday and got me from Fort Worth all the way to Edwardsville,IL. He rocks. Of course he told me I would have to beat that. We have this little competition going on. You see we see who can drive the farthest in a day. I told him last night that he can go to bed knowing that he is the KING because that is too far for me to drive and I will gladly let him be champion.

Right now I am sitting at the consignee. I am already unloaded and just waiting on my next load. So far I don't have anything. I have been trying to figure out a place to go park and get something to eat and have been coming up empty handed. Then I remembered the tollways here in Chicago have these "Oasis's" that you can stop at without getting off the tollway. And there is one about 7-8 miles down, so I am going to head over there. Hopefully I will get a load soon. And hopefully it is going somewhere warm! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey T-net... as you lumber on down 294 from Libertyville, you will pass a big white complex of buildings with the name ALLSTATE on it. Honk and wave as you go by, that's where I work for a few more weeks.
Bob

T-Net said...

BEEP! BEEP! Did you see me wave at you?? :)

Unknown said...

Lucky you got out of here. We got 4 - 6 inches overnight.
Mess getting to work today.
Bob