Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pacific Northwest

Well, we made it! J got us in last night to deliver in Grandview,WA and then we spent the night there at a little truck stop. Our next load wasn't expecting us until this morning so it was good to get non-moving sleep. So this morning I hopped up and headed out. I had about 200 miles to go to pick up in Puyallup,WA. And I have no idea how to pronounce the name of that town, but it is a suburb of Seattle. I didn't get up and get moving until about 0700 our time which was 0500 local time. I didn't want to hit Seattle during morning rush hour so I headed out a little later than normal. Things worked out perfectly. I had NO traffic problems, and went almost straight to destination. I actually passed it and had to turn around. The place wasn't marked very well, but I could see other SNI trailers. So I turned around and went back and luckily there was another SNI driver there. I asked him where we went to check in and he said I could just park my empty and hook up to the loaded one I was assigned because the paperwork was in the nose of the trailer. And sure enough, it was! Awesome! So as I was getting hooked up, a guy came up and asked me if I brought and empty and I told him where it was and then I was set and ready to go.

I headed out and made it back across I-90 to Ellensburg,WA where I got fuel and we switched drivers. We have decided this trip we are not going back across Wyoming. We are going to go south through Salt Lake City and cut down through Moab,UT on US 191. Then we will drop down to I-40 and cut through Albuquerque then on to Amarillo, then to Dallas. This will also give me a chance to ddrop off my moms car registration to here in Albuquerque when we pass through. She needs it by the end of this month. We figured no need in registering her car in New Mexico when she is planning on coming back to Texas in a few months.

I don't have a lot more to report so I guess that is all. I'll post more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning, T-Net. My wife and I enjoy your blog and posts on PD.
Read up on kitchen etiquette yesterday. Lots to learn. We are headed to GB 2/15.

T-Net said...

Bob, it is great to see another husband and wife team joing the ranks! I will follow your progress through GB STA over on PD. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I had tons when we first started!