Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lazy lazy trip

Ok, so this load isn't supposed to be delivered until ther 25th. So we have plenty of time. Yesterday, you will remember I said that we finally left around 1300 and I drove until about 1630 or so. We stopped at a rest area and switched drivers somewhere in Missouri. Probably about 30 miles east of the Oklahoma border. So J takes off around 1700 and we drive about 90 miles and stop at the McDonald's on the Turnpike so I could grab something to eat before I went to bed. Also, J wasn't feeling too hot. I think the long night with re-loading the trailer and being out in the cold didn't help because his ears and throat were hurting. Anyway, us and the other team went inside to grab something to eat. While we were eating, we got to talking and swaping stories again, and ended up staying there longer than we thought. We got there at 1830 and when we looked at one of our phones to see what time it was, it was 2215!! Holy crap! Well, we had all had a long day so we decided to just get some rest and head out about 0430 in the morning. We ended up with a total of about 400 miles for the WHOLE DAY yesterday! haha Maybe we suck at this dri.ving thing. hahaha Nah, it was just nice not to be rushed for once.

So I get up at 0430 and get ready and we pull out around 0445. I got in about 560 miles and then I stopped at a little hole in the wall gas station. I woke J up there and he took over. We drove a little further and stopped in Clines Corners to grab us some dinner. We hadn't eaten yet and were all hungry. We managed to keep this stop to about an hour, which was good considering out track record the last couple days. :)

So now we are rolling through Albuquerque headed into Los Angeles.

A quick update on our driver that was shot in Dallas. He is doing better. He is expected to recover which is wonderful news. I have no further information, but I hope he is able to give a description to the police. Also found out that in Daecember, another driver had a similar situation happen where 3 males jumped on his truck while he was at a stop light and pointed a gun at him and tried to rob him. Luckily he gave the engine some gas and drove off and 2 fell off the truck and the third jumped off. He was very lucky to have gotten away. But we think this and the shooting may be related so maybe he can give the police a description and maybe it will help out some.

That is all I have for the moment. Stay safe and I'll add more later!

No comments: